Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Castleby said: Posted on: 25/08/2016 14:23

I have a flat which is currently rented to a couple with a 2 month old baby.
they have been tenants since 13-4-2016 she was pregnant at the time.
The male tenant is the lead tenant and the deposit is in the DPS.
I receive their housing benefit directly from the Council as they were previously
The female has decided to leave and take the baby.
The male tenant wants to stay on and have a single tenancy.

Can I ask DPS to transfer the deposit directly into a new tenancy in the male tenants' name?
Any other comments or tips would also be welcome.
Thank you.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions