Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to info@rla.org.uk.
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Member said: Posted on: 14/11/2006 00:00

dear sir /madam

i have a problem tenant who is in arrears of 1277 the rent is 495 pcm, ihave charged them int at 5% of total owing per month therfore int is around 60 pcm, they have owed me this amount for over a year, in which time they have been on a 2000 cruise and have just purchased a car for 500, i served a sec 8 on april 8th 2006 there was a slight improvement, she has been diagonised with cancer and has been to cit advice wnich have told the int she owes on the rent arrears will not hold up in court and that she owes me 901 even though it states diferentley in the tennancy agg which expired on 4th feb 2006, I want to evict these tenants asap with hopefully no hassle i am past caring about the money they owe me because it makes me feel bitter towards them, it would be nice to press a button and make people like this dissapear. I do not want the house damaged they feel protected by the law, and will play for maximum time hopeing not to pay me any rent. What is the easiest way to get the house back.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
Envirovent
John Pye Auctions