Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to info@rla.org.uk.
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
charlie_164 said: Posted on: 21/10/2016 20:41

Court hearing was at Bow CC on 12 October, citing section 21.
Judge has awarded Possession on Mandatory Grounds, however although he stated 14 days during the hearing, the Court Order states 'on or before 24 October' which is only 12 days.
On advice from yourselves I had delivered a note to the tenant stating that they must leave by 27th.
Is the judge allowed to give less than 14 days and will this cause an issue when carrying out possession? The order allows transfer up to HCEO so I am hoping to move fairly swiftly, obviously the action would not be until 5-10 days more but does the 'mistake' invalidate the award in any way?
Also, I provided an up to date Rent schedule on the day which correctly stated arrears of £1844 but that calculation allows for rent being due at the beginning of the rental period whereas HB will be paid in arrears to cover £1100. Judge has allowed for arrears to be taken from deposit but of course with those stated figures there is no reason for tenant not to trash the place before leaving.
I would appreciate urgent advice as to how and WHEN to proceed.
Kind Regards
Claire

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions