Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Claire Worsley said: Posted on: 23/11/2006 00:00

On 22/05/06 I let a flat to Andrea Armstrong for 400 pcm. After 2 months she stopped paying, saying she had lost her job, but would eventually pay on 5/11/06 including arrears ie 1200 in total.

I have so far received 1200 rent and 400 deposit. I served notice to expire on 21/11/06, but she says that she won't be able to leave for a couple of weeks as she has not found anywhere to go. Natuurally she still owes the rent.

I am reluctantly prepared to accept that loss, but just want her to go. I have received complaints about her being noisy in the flat.

Should I apply to Court for an Order? If so, How long does it take, cost and how does one actually do it? Solicitor? Please help!

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions