Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to info@rla.org.uk.
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
spring said: Posted on: 28/02/2017 11:55

Can anyone help?

I have a possession order and rent arrears and costs awarded to me of £4500. The tenant should have left yesterday. Today as I was putting in the bailif form he has appealed against the order and the new hearing is on March 20!!
I don't know what the appeal is as they won't email it to me and have to wait for it to come in the post. Crazy thing is I still haven't received the possession order from the 13 Feb in the post!!

Has anyone else been through this before and can you shed light on what he may have appealed against?

Would not be serious enough to have another hearing or is that normal?

The guy is 21 and a student, Nigerian. He sent his mum to the hearing and didn't turn up himself.

I have three HMOs. I am selling up after this. Just not worth the risk and hassle and the financial gain is minimal.
The law is completely against nice landlords like me (us!). completely disillusioned by the whole thing.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions