Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Newlandlord said: Posted on: 27/05/2017 23:53

I own an ex-council garden flat, which I fully refurbished. About a year ago I decided to rent the flat out, but started to experience issues with the flat above - also owned by a private landlord and occupied by private tenants. Water is sometimes leaking through spot lights causing damage to my ceiling. The tenants of the flat above refuse to communicate with me, the city council is unable to get hold of the owner of the property. The land registry gives name of the owner but the address is of the flat, not his own.

I need a bit of advice of how to proceed, surely the other landlord has some responsibility to maintain his property in a good shape and not cause damage to my property?

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions