Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
morf said: Posted on: 11/06/2017 19:49

I have taken in a family of 3 lodgers into the property that I reside in & was looking for Building & Contents Insurance which will accept lodgers.
The prices that the major insurance companies are trying to charge are nothing less than THEFT!

The lodgers are a family of 3, all working full time & not claiming any benefits. I also live at the property myself.

Because I have placed lodgers into the property my Building & Contents Insurance premium has gone from £210.00 to £745.00 per year. At this price, I am thinking to kick out the lodgers & leave the house almost empty.

Can anyone on here advise of any insurance companies that one could contact for a reasonable price.

Thank you.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions