Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Paul 123 said: Posted on: 01/08/2017 16:37

I have a future Tenant that has separated from her Husband. She has 2 small children and a few debts. I have guarantors in place.

She wants the Housing Benefit to come straight to me, as the Landlord.
Is there a standard letter she can adapt to send off prior to applying for the HB?
She is aware that the Government policy is for the Tenant to "learn how to manage their own Finances." But she is "not very good with money" and wants the payment made straight to me.

What is the best way to approach this?

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions