Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Feline said: Posted on: 27/08/2017 21:00

I have a small conversion block of flats. The council got in and have assessed the communal area for HHSRS. I not sure they have a right to do this under this system. The house was converted to comply with the Building Regulations some 22 years ago but does not have a Building regulation compliance certificate.

Officer has asked me to put in a whole house fire alarm system with panel by the door.

I have looked at RLA section on HHSRS but it was not of assistance for my particular situation.

Does any one know case law in this area? Or how HHSRS fits in with the Building Regulations and RRO? Currently HHSRS is at conflict with the Building Regulations!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions