Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. Please always remain respectful to forum members and the RLA. All posts must be should be professional and courteous.
  6. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  7. Any content deemed as advertising, spam or self-promotion will be removed from the forums.
  8. Any content deemed as offensive is strictly prohibited and must be reported for removal.
  9. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
  10. The RLA have the right to edit, delete or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
Report a post:
looplyloo said: Posted on: 06/04/2018 20:37

The tenancy is now periodic having gone past the fixed period. They have had difficulty paying rent for that reason the lead tenant has written to tell me she is moving out and wishes to be removed from the tenancy from the next rent payment date.
The correct notice should be one month from the next rent due date as per the AST.
My question is in regard to her partner. She has been unable to get him to discuss the matter and wants me to talk to him. He cannot afford to stay on his own.
Does her written notice provide a joint notice to quit and if so if the boyfriend fails to move out do I have any other form of redress or is it just usual court possession route?

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions