Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. Please always remain respectful to forum members and the RLA. All posts must be should be professional and courteous.
  6. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  7. Any content deemed as advertising, spam or self-promotion will be removed from the forums.
  8. Any content deemed as offensive is strictly prohibited and must be reported for removal.
  9. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
  10. The RLA have the right to edit, delete or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
Report a post:
londonletting said: Posted on: 09/08/2018 13:58

My current tenants - a brother and sister - are coming up for renewal of their tenancy. The sister is getting married and will be leaving the flat in the near future. However, her husband-to-be is not a UK national, lives abroad and requires a Visa to enter and live here. The current tenant has asked me to provide and sign a letter fo the visa application, which allows the future husband to stay in the flat - basically it confirms that he will have a place to stay when he arrives in the UK. We are no prepared to sign a letter like this - any occupant of the flat has to be on the tenancy agreement.

I have searched on-line and it is permissible to offer a conditional tenancy agreement - i.e. conditional on the husband to be acquiring a visa and right to live in the UK. What I would like to know is how to word the clause in the tenancy agreement that would cover this condition.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions