Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. Please always remain respectful to forum members and the RLA. All posts must be should be professional and courteous.
  6. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  7. Any content deemed as advertising, spam or self-promotion will be removed from the forums.
  8. Any content deemed as offensive is strictly prohibited and must be reported for removal.
  9. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
  10. The RLA have the right to edit, delete or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
Report a post:
nicest landlord said: Posted on: 28/11/2018 09:25

I am getting into the swing of Oldham council's special licensing. This is not HMO.

They have just done the property conditions inspection. The officer was intelligent, can both speak and write English and was overall pretty reasonable. It tickles me that this their 1st inspection was carried out more than 18 months after my application for a license. Apparently the key qualification is paying £500 fee rather than offering a decent house.

They pulled me up on one thing. My electrical safety report by NICEIC electrician said I need to change one fuse and add an rcd. I will do this. What I wonder whether to contest is them saying they then want a new certificate. Presumably the electrician would have to do the whole test again to issue a new up to date cert. Did I mention they lost the original cert submitted with original application and have lost 2 gas certs since. I think I might try to argue the license regime entitles them to one cert every 5 years and they should accept an electrician receipt as proof of having done the required items.

Any one dealt with Oldham? Anyone had licensing electrical issues?

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions