Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Member said: Posted on: 01/03/2007 00:00

I have a flat which has twice leaked water into the flat below. As this has caused joists to rot the insurers will not pay out as a building claim as wet rot is excluded. It is a block insurance policy.

The freeholder is proposing to organise repairs and to charge each of 8 lessees their share of this. If the flat owner below sues me for the cost of alternative accommodation would I be covered by the property owners liability section of the policy?

More generally, what is and is not covered by property owners liability cover?

From whom could I find out more about effective insurance. The managing agent is not helpful.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions