Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to info@rla.org.uk.
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Charlie HG said: Posted on: 27/02/2009 00:00

My Deposits state they have no records of my calls and E mails 2008 in which I brought to thier notice the incorrect date and the title of the tenant written into the deposit certificate
the tenant (now left and been the source of all manner of problems and of expense due to damage)is now "going for it" that is the 6 weeks (alledgedly) before the certificate is dated for the deposit protection and thus considers he is also entitled to 3 X the deposit.
when vacating he denied having keys admitted had lost security keys to PVC windows and access doors had "lost" his documents which also incl.- he said -the Inventory and his copy of the agreement.
His Father and brother are solicitors - clever - in my view "have well briefed him" and I suspect "they" have pulled this one before
threaten the Court and the landlord will cough up RLA have advised me NOT to do so !
The other point the new tenant I have also re-registerd with "My Deposits" - and guess what the date again is incorrect on the certificate as are some of the particulars I have now in all had 2 more attempts in getting new certificates with correct details and dates - each time arrived by post incorrect.
does anyone know if My Deposits can be held responsible bearing in mind the difficulty of having the deposit registered/protected within the 14 days limitation (especially where an agent has taken the deposit in the first place, awaited taking up refs. and getting cheques cleared !!)
look forward to any comments and any similar problems ?

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions