Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to info@rla.org.uk.
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Sally_735 said: Posted on: 05/09/2008 00:00

I have recently been trying to get my agent to provide me with details of charges he has billed me for as I have evidence the work has not been carried out. He now states that the sub contractor has gone into receivership and he can not get these. You have advised me to do a claim via the small claims court to recover this money which I will do - however he has now informed he he is going to serve a 7 day breach of contract on me, but has yet to give me any grounds, and is stating he wants the 11 months commission paid to him for the rest of the contract.

Last night I visited the proeperty to discuss rent arrears with the tenants to find they have moved out. I have served a section 8 on them and this expires on Mon 15/9/08 - Do I have to wait to go in the property till then or can I go in now.

Also the agent has the keys - Is he allowed to hold onto these until I pay the balance of the commission he has not received? I do not have any keys so if he will not release them can I force entry.

Lastly what is the process to reciver the deposit from the agent?

I look forward to hearing from you

Thanks

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions