Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to info@rla.org.uk.
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
denric said: Posted on: 06/06/2007 00:00

I took your advice on going to Small Claims for my rent arrears of 1000.00 plus 80.00 Court Costs.Courts received it on the 21st May, and she was deemed to be served on the 26th May but after sending in my claim on the 21st she actually paid us 600.00 on the 23rd May.
I have now received a notice of Defence saying that the amount claimed has been paid.Yes 600.00 has been paid,but that still leaves 480.00 owing from the 23rd May.She has still not left the property and owes us another 220.00 in unpaid rent.(we have an order for poss to vacate the property next Wed,)But on the acknowledgment of service she filled in she states she still owes us 451.88 (No,it is 480.)so I am very confused, one form says she owes nothing the other says she does.
Next on admission form on item 7 Expenses. she says she pays 346.00 per month rent,not since February. 40.00 elec,no way house is all gas and she is out all day,then signed the declaration box at bottom to say its true and offer of payment 10.00 per month.What do I do,can I still claim the 220.00 rent owing on top of 480.00 or not and say she still owes 700 as she did not leave when supposed to?Do I send the form back saying I wish to proceed with the claim as she hasnot signed anything legal to pay us monthly and inform them expenses wrong,she has not paid any rent as she says on form?.Help and arghh

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
Envirovent
John Pye Auctions