Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to info@rla.org.uk.
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Ann_255 said: Posted on: 21/05/2008 00:00

Hi all,

I had tenants (good tenants) moving in to my first flat in September last year. The heating broke down in the end of December. I had a new boiler (Gloworm, flexicomb) installed in the beginning of January by OCO. A couple of weeks ago the hotwater (and heating) broke down. Gloworm came out and sorted out the hot water but failed to get the heating started (I am not sure whether he even tried since the weather was rather warm then.) When I approached Gloworm regarding this, their reply was that I would have to ask the installers to come out for an external electrical inspection on the timer. Oco's reply was that they would then charge me for that and that it was unnessecary anyway since it was (is, I last talked to them yesterday) too warm outside for the heating to be working. I am wondering whose responsibility this is since the heating was in fact working (it was on daily) until the boiler broke down.
Also, when they installed the boiler my new power shower (Galaxy, bought in May last year) stopped working. I have not attended to having it repaired yet and took their word for it at the time that it was the fault of the electrician who installed it.
Please, can anybody advice me on this matter since I am away on a short holiday and despairing.

Best regards,
Ann

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions