Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to info@rla.org.uk.
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
anon_110 said: Posted on: 02/07/2012 00:00

3/4 questions really:-

I have received the possession order giving the tenant the date of the 7 July to leave. He has told me he is going to citizens advice as he can't find somewhere quickly enough to move to and he didn't receive any court paperwork (I believe he was in Jail and his flat had been burgled whilst he was gone, I had to pay the window repairs)

Question 1: Should I give him an extra week to find somewhere or does this put me in a poor position should he then decide not to go later, or should I file the N325 the day after he is due to leave as a matter of course.

Question 2: The tenant had been in jail (I believe) when court papers were originally filed and I took RLA advice and filed etc. Can the tenant now put in a late claim? Question 3: If so how long could it be delayed.

Question 4: I am concerned because the property has been trashed by him and that if/when he does leave he will probably leave the door wide open and we could have squatters, and I am unsure how to handle this too, I believe squatters have rights if a door is open. Is this right, or can I do something if this does happen?

Many thanks
Regards
Carol

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
Envirovent
John Pye Auctions