Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to info@rla.org.uk.
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Sandy Rose said: Posted on: 15/05/2011 00:00

I have 2 tenants sharing a 4th floor flat they are on seperate tenancy agreements and they have trashed the place, even smashing the windows !. There have been a number of complaints about them as you can imagine. The anti social team are involved and I believe the police may also be aware of them now. Housing benefit are paying the ones rent and the other one has had his claim suspended but housing won't tell me why because I am not the tenant. They did pay this tenant an amount of around 600.00 which he has spent, so he is in arrears big time. The first tenant started his tenancy on 1/1/11 this is the one that has spent his rent from housing. The other tenant moved in on the 18/12/10. I have the following questions that I would appreciate your help/advice/guidance on please.

1. Tenant 1 (start of tenancy 1/1/11)
Am I correct in saying that I issue him with a Section 21(b)as long as it is done before the 1st of June,an would his set date to move out be the 31st July 2011

2. Tennant 2 (start of tenancy 18/12/10)
Am I correct in saying that I issue him with a Section 21(a) and as long as I issue this one before the 17th May 2011, would his moving out date be 17th July 2011.

3. Is there any other / quicker way of getting them out other than a Section 21 ?.

Thanking you in advance for your time and advice. Tina

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
Envirovent
John Pye Auctions