Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Adrian Dilenardo said: Posted on: 27/01/2009 00:00

I own a number of leasehold flats - mostly in converted houses, in some cases the entire number of flats in the property. The buildings insurance is arranged by the freeholder but the premiums are really excessive - in some case i can arrange identical cover for 50% cheaper. i have spoken to the freeholder about this and he cites customer service as the reason for using this company.
Is there any way i can force him to change who insures the building if i get the consent of the other owners involved also.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions