Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. Please always remain respectful to forum members and the RLA. All posts must be should be professional and courteous.
  6. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  7. Any content deemed as advertising, spam or self-promotion will be removed from the forums.
  8. Any content deemed as offensive is strictly prohibited and must be reported for removal.
  9. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
  10. The RLA have the right to edit, delete or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
Report a post:
peuta said: Posted on: 14/02/2012 00:00

I am about to complete on a property that will have one child living in it and the other 2 rooms will be let out to 'lodgers'.

I have several other properties which generate rental income but this will be the first one I am managing actively so have not had to worry about insurance technicalities as has been organised for me.

RE Insurance - in getting a quote, which one do I go for - Landlords insurance or owner occupier, as my child is living in the property. which is the best? though if they move out in the next year or two am I better off with going for the Landlords insurance? I will insure for buildings and the contents I leave in the property but not for the individuals personal possessions (including those of my child's - have to start to learn to stand on own feet sometime!)

also how quick is this to put in place, if bought online? Once I know completion is definiately going to take place (exchange and completing on same day) can I buy this to make sure it is in place once the property is mine?

Would appreciate any advice - thanks

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions