Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. Please always remain respectful to forum members and the RLA. All posts must be should be professional and courteous.
  6. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  7. Any content deemed as advertising, spam or self-promotion will be removed from the forums.
  8. Any content deemed as offensive is strictly prohibited and must be reported for removal.
  9. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
  10. The RLA have the right to edit, delete or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
Report a post:
Key_Master said: Posted on: 02/02/2009 00:00

Hello fellow landlords.
I’ve just been to my local Curry’s Store and noticed that all their gas cookers carried the notice ‘Not suitable for flats’. When I asked a member of staff why, I was informed that although all ovens are now fitted with a FFV (Flame Failure Valve) also called an FSD (Flame Suppression Device) the Law now requires that hobs should also be fitted with an FSD if they are to be used in flats.
I self-let a 2 bed mid terrace house, and the current tenants will move out on Feb 15th taking their cooker with them. The last time I let the house, several potential tenants were put off by having to provide their own cooker, so I was thinking of providing one this time round. I’m not to concerned about having to have it annually checked by a CORGI engineer, as I have to call one out to check the central heating boiler anyway.
Are you aware of any legislation current or planed to make cookers with hobs fitted with an FSD a legal requirement in let-property?
Thank you in advance,

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions