Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. Please always remain respectful to forum members and the RLA. All posts must be should be professional and courteous.
  6. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  7. Any content deemed as advertising, spam or self-promotion will be removed from the forums.
  8. Any content deemed as offensive is strictly prohibited and must be reported for removal.
  9. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
  10. The RLA have the right to edit, delete or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
Report a post:
H.S. said: Posted on: 08/02/2012 00:00

We are managing agents and last year we had a student house from hell. They consistently caused damages which had to be repaired during the tenancy. Deposits were with Mydeposits. There is some confusion about how contractors are to be paid to do the repairs during the tenancy when strictly speaking deductions have to be agreed with the tenants at the end of the tenancy and they can then dispute this is if they wish.
The tenants obviously will not pay at the time the work is carried out,either because they have no money or just dont want to, and the landlord does not want to pay as we are holding the deposit, nor does he wish to lodge a sum of money with us with which to pay the contractors which can then be reimbursed from the deposit. What is the correct procedure?

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions