Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to info@rla.org.uk.
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Shale said: Posted on: 18/08/2011 00:00

Hi - can anyone help with this?
I am a landlord and I have some properties which I rent and then subcontract out as Corporate Lets. This is always with the full permission of the Letting agent and I presume the owner. However one letting agent did not tell the owner and when the owner found out this was happening she went crazy and made the letting agent serve us with a Section 21. We had been renting the house for 2 years to professional people. Its a nice detached house and in good condition and we looked after the property.
Within a week we found our tenants new accomodation. We had the house fully cleaned and the carpets cleaned by professional cleaners. We had the gardens lawned and weeded. We had the locks on the internal doors removed by a joiner and original locks replaced. The house looked immaculate to me and I felt satisfied with its condition.

The Letting Agent manager is not a happy person and she sacked the person who rented us the house originally. She states it is a mess and is demanding the carpets are cleaned again (what use that will do I dont know)! She wants our DP ID number so they can claim the full bond of 850 back and demanding another 500 on top of that.

We have agreed to replace any doors with new doors if replacing the locks have caused damage. We have agreed to have the oven cleaned (for the 2nd time) also. However we think there other demands are unreasonable as we think some of this is normal wear and tear to a 10 year old house which has been rented out many times. We think this is the Letting Agency Manager hell bent on punishing us because we ran a business from a private home. We dont think we did run a business and we were always honest about what we did.

None the less, what constitutes normal wear and tear anyone and is demanding the bond plus more legal? Is there an agency I can use who will make an independent report?

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
Envirovent
John Pye Auctions