Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
bucksandfizz said: Posted on: 19/06/2019 08:01

I want to issue a section 8 - as tenant can't pay rent as stat sick pay is insufficent, tenant was mugged and broke his finger. Prior to this he had to take unpaid leave from work as his daughter was in hospital with a serious illness - so no savings!?

Am I obliged to help him in any way? ie should he be due housing benefit he's still employed.

I feel quite mean, just serving a section 8, but I have been spun some stories in my time and simply can't aford for him to stay for free.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions