Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to info@rla.org.uk.
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Nadiaa said: Posted on: 21/06/2019 22:37

I have served a tenant section 8 - for rent arrears (2 months) and also attached ground 1 (as I lived there before).

During our phone conversation I reminded him that his tenancy agreement ends at the end of this month and he agreed to move out then. I want to send him a letter and email now to remind him -

"I am writing to confirm that your offer of Notice in respect of the abovenamed property has been received and your final date of occupancy will be
as follows:" Is this a good idea?

I don't think he really wants to move out despite the fact that he has been accusing me of "neglecting my property". He demands me to pay £800 for his hotel expenses when the boiler was broken (approximately 11 days). And therefore he seems to think it is ok for him not to pay rent because "I owe him money".
I want to wait with issuing any court forms until the end of this month hoping that he will move out. But if he doesn't and the court does not grant me possession due to rent arrears (due to various reasons, he will be defending and accusing me), should I then wait until I can use ground 1 and go to court again?

Please advise.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions