Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Natalia said: Posted on: 25/06/2019 11:42

Hi team,

My husband and I have a secondary property that we rent through an agent Kingsman Properties. Unfortunately they seem to have gone bankrupt and are now completely unresponsive to all attempts to communicate with them.

We have sent them an immediate cancellation of contract based on them being in breach of the contract. They have however not served the adequate notice to the tenants so we are now in the process of serving them notice directly.

So I am not wondering what is the best kind of notice to provide them with. They are all in room only AST contracts for over 6 months. However it appears that the deposits for 2 of my tenant were not registered so I am unsure if I can serve them with the same kind of notice?

I have filled in a form 6A in all of their names is this the correct form, that form seems very formal and threatening i rather create my own but looking for some guidance on the wording it must include should we need for it to stand up in court.

any advice will be much welcomed.



Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions