Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. Please always remain respectful to forum members and the RLA. All posts must be should be professional and courteous.
  6. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  7. Any content deemed as advertising, spam or self-promotion will be removed from the forums.
  8. Any content deemed as offensive is strictly prohibited and must be reported for removal.
  9. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
  10. The RLA have the right to edit, delete or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
Report a post:
Mon said: Posted on: 09/07/2019 15:58


I have been looking to issue section 21 to one of my tenant (cpl) who lives in a room in a shared house (not hmo).

I have few queries, please advice:

  1. The tenancy agreement is in the name of couple, but tenancy agreement does not have mr or mrs in front of Both their names. And I am not sure if girl is mrs or miss or ms. So should I put both names in section 21 as is on the tenancy agreement (i.e without mr or mrs title)?
  2. In tenancy agreement, even my name (landlord) does not have Mrs in front of my name. So, do I put Mrs in front of my name on s21 or no?

Also tenancy agreement was signed on 31/03/2107 and tenant was issued all relevant documents (We used your essential checklist and agreement) - and they signed that they received all them documents. But epc ended after that and I have new one.

  1. So, do I have to send her new epc before section 21?
  2. Do I have to also send her new right to rent before sending section 21?
  3. Recent Gas safety is displayed in kitchen of the property. Do I have to also send her a copy of recent gas safety certificate before s21?

Please advice asap.

Many thanks.


Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions