Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. Please always remain respectful to forum members and the RLA. All posts must be should be professional and courteous.
  6. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  7. Any content deemed as advertising, spam or self-promotion will be removed from the forums.
  8. Any content deemed as offensive is strictly prohibited and must be reported for removal.
  9. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
  10. The RLA have the right to edit, delete or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
Report a post:
HL said: Posted on: 25/07/2019 17:09

i have served Section 21 on my tenants and the council was paying me directly the rent because the tenant was in over 2 months arrears.

She has asked me to refund the deposit so that she can hire a van to move her stuff out. The deposit which she paid does not even cover the two months arrears which I can prove because I had to do that for the council to pay me directly.

I was hoping to get possession of the property first and then show her that the deposit will be used to part cover the 2 months arrears.

So my question is how would be the best way to do this now that she is asking for it while she is still in the property.

Thank you

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions