Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. Please always remain respectful to forum members and the RLA. All posts must be should be professional and courteous.
  6. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  7. Any content deemed as advertising, spam or self-promotion will be removed from the forums.
  8. Any content deemed as offensive is strictly prohibited and must be reported for removal.
  9. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
  10. The RLA have the right to edit, delete or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
Report a post:
Member said: Posted on: 23/06/2009 00:00

Please advise suggested action to allow me to regain posession of my property - the 6-month S.T tenancy ended in March and then continued as a periodic tenancy, however the rent payments for the following 2 months were only received (in each case 2-4 weeks late) after repeated reminders etc. The rent is now (23 June) over 2 months overdue, in spite 2 reminder letters, 1 text message and one message left via a 3rd. party, spaced out over the last 2 months. No reply has been received from any of these contacts, and 2 external inspections of the property show curtains closed and no sign of anyone.
Can I legally enter the premises by giving 24 hrs notice (eg by registered letter) in order to check for signs of occupation/ gas safety etc ?) Also, I assume I can now apply for a court order to re-posess ? If so, can I request this by contacting the County Court or do I need to go through the expense of using a solicitor ?
Thanks in advance for any advice,
Yours sincerely,
Peter deane

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions