Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. Please always remain respectful to forum members and the RLA. All posts must be should be professional and courteous.
  6. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  7. Any content deemed as advertising, spam or self-promotion will be removed from the forums.
  8. Any content deemed as offensive is strictly prohibited and must be reported for removal.
  9. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
  10. The RLA have the right to edit, delete or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
Report a post:
Member said: Posted on: 01/11/2009 00:00

I have owned one house for 20 years when I bought this house it had two bathrooms, two lounges, 4 bedrooms and one kitchen. I have now added a kitchen in the large lounge and rent this house as two separate dwellings. I rent the larger part of the house with three bedrooms and one recently converted loft conversion with bathroom which now makes this part of the house with three floors. I rent this part of the house to two men not related. The other smaller part of the house has a bathroom, bedroom, lounge,kitchen and a private entrance. I rent this part of the house to a couple. Both the couple and the two men pay separate council tax and separate gas and electric. I would like your advice as to whether I should be HMO licenced.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions