Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
BILLLLD said: Posted on: 29/10/2010 00:00

I decided not to deposit the Bond of 675 into a recognised scheme. I now want to evict the tenant (several reasons) and would like to use a Section 21.

I have since secured the deposit in the Deposit Protection Service

I notice on the new N5 Form that I have to declare that I have complied with the tenancy deposit law.

I have done it now but cannot honestly say that:

'The initial requirements of the TDS had been complied with in relation to the deposit.'

Can I cross this section out and submit the form?

What will the Court do?

The tenant will definitely get a (legal aid) solicitor.

Please advise.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions