Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. Please always remain respectful to forum members and the RLA. All posts must be should be professional and courteous.
  6. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  7. Any content deemed as advertising, spam or self-promotion will be removed from the forums.
  8. Any content deemed as offensive is strictly prohibited and must be reported for removal.
  9. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
  10. The RLA have the right to edit, delete or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
Report a post:
Member said: Posted on: 29/11/2012 00:00

I have a tenant that has been a bit of a nightmare... she was quite good initially, and then handed the property over to her Ex without telling me, cancelled her own Standing Order and since I have been unable to get hold of her. Her Ex has made one payment since to my account for the rent. Today I managed to speak with her and explained that she is in breach of her agreement by allowing him to live in the property. I also explained that she is still liable for everything and that I don't want him in the property.

I'm happy to put it down to experience and move on, so said to her that I would be happy to terminate the agreement with her with no penalties (assuming all is up to date on the rent front and that the property is in good condition) if she also wanted to do that. The other option is that she gets him out of the property and continues to be liable for the rent (not a good plan as she is now living elsewhere and has to pay rent there). She seemed happy with this suggestion as she now realises that she is still laible for everything. If I go ahead with this is there an agreement that we can sign to do this, or a process that we need to go through?

Any help is appreciated.


Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions