Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to info@rla.org.uk.
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
ZTA said: Posted on: 03/01/2013 00:00

I have a tenant who is fighting allot mainly in the house but it sometimes spills over to the street and the neighbours have been complaining. His friends are also visiting the house and making noise and disturbances in and out the house even late at night.

The council have tried speaking to the tenants but it appears that there are ongoing domestic issues etc.
The police have been called many times over the past few months!

I have tried sorting this out but it does not seem to be working.
I do not really want such tenants and the problems they bring but it appears that I will have to go to court if I want them out.

I believe that the burden of proof that will be required and the time it will take would make a s8 the least preferred option and so I intend to go down the s21 route.

The s21 will take 2+ months and then applying to the courts also takes time.
The tenants do not seem to concerned with my complaints or the councils!

In the meantime, what are my responsibilities regarding Anti Social Behaviour issues?
> 1. I have written to the tenants. Is there anything else I must do?
> 2. Is there anything else that I can do besides what I must do?

Many thanks.
ZTA

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
Envirovent
John Pye Auctions