Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to info@rla.org.uk.
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Maureen_539 said: Posted on: 17/11/2012 00:00

Just have to share this with other landlords.

I needed to titivate bedroom doors & upgrade same in a shared student property deemed a 'HMO' in Salford.Needed thumb turn locks on final exit doors,to renew DG window locks, renew worn bedroom door lock cylinders. Loads of tiny jobs that tecnically speaking, were out of my range.

I searched in vain to find someone suitable that did not charge the earth & had the necessary expertise so that the work would pass LA HMO inspection.

Did get a guy who not only quoted me 'happy', he did a superb job on all the doors & replaced misted DG units so the windows looked like new again. He was courteous, tenant aware & respectful & all round highly satisfactary. I recommend him highly. A colleague landlord then hired him to build fitted wardrobes into terraced house bedroom & lounge alcoves. I saw the total transformation this work made. Everything matched, pictures looked fantastic. The LL was very pleased with the work & it's cost. What he thought was the quote for one room was in fact for two bedrooms plus the lounge.

Not sure if I can include the guys contact details here, message back & I'll pass them on or send mine. He does all the North West & Midlands.
Hope this info solves a headache for someone today.
M.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Residently
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions