Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. Please always remain respectful to forum members and the RLA. All posts must be should be professional and courteous.
  6. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  7. Any content deemed as advertising, spam or self-promotion will be removed from the forums.
  8. Any content deemed as offensive is strictly prohibited and must be reported for removal.
  9. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
  10. The RLA have the right to edit, delete or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
Report a post:
SW said: Posted on: 18/07/2013 12:40


We have some very settled tenants in a few properties who renew each renewal date on a 6 or 12 month AST basis. As they are now approaching the 5 year mark can this continue or do I need to do something different?

also, I have a tenant who has been in the property for 6 months and now wants a 5 year contract as he is starting a business looking after children at the property. the landlord is agreeable to this but does want to retain a right to buy. How is it best to approach this, I believe an AST wont cover it, do we have to get a solicitor involved to draw up some sort of deed?

Many thanks

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions