Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Paul_813 said: Posted on: 01/10/2011 00:00

Hi RLA members,

I hope you can help me with some advice please, the siuation is this:-

I have a tenant who has been living at one of my properties for over 4 years, in full time employment and never been in arrears.

However, she has now gone back to University, and this first month of Uni, has only paid me half the rent. I have asked, emailed, phoned etc, but to no avail, she has become uncontactable and I am now thinking of sending her a Section 21, so I have this in place if she continues not to pay in full.

My questions are:-

1) As the AST is now a roll on month on month agreement, which Secion 21 do I need (A or B?).

2) Also, if she does pay, I will keep an eye on whether or not to evict her. However, am I able to issue her with a Section 21 in case I ever need to enforce her to leave and therefore I will have already given her the mandatory two months notice?

3) Does anyone know about the Accelerated Eviction proceedure at all, and whether or not this would be more feasible than going down the Section 21 road, or is this in conjunction with the Accelerated Eviction Proceedure?

I don't want to issue her with a Section 8 for Rent Arrears as I understand if she pays anything whatsoever towards these arrears, it takes it back to square one, and I would have to start again from scratch losing valuable rentable time.

Any help here would be massively appreciated!!!

Huge thanks!!

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions