Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. Please always remain respectful to forum members and the RLA. All posts must be should be professional and courteous.
  6. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  7. Any content deemed as advertising, spam or self-promotion will be removed from the forums.
  8. Any content deemed as offensive is strictly prohibited and must be reported for removal.
  9. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
  10. The RLA have the right to edit, delete or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
Report a post:
Member said: Posted on: 24/04/2012 00:00

I had tenants who did a flit from a property on 14.2.12 - rent was up to date but they left a lot of damage - tried to obtain forwarding address - contacting via facebook and Mother's number but to no avail. They left approx 1500 of damage and 1047 owing in bills. Anyway the rent used to be paid to us via a credit union account and as he apparently has a new landlord and housing benefit on the back of it monies were paid into his credit union account but he had not changed the Direct debit. Therefore, 364 was paid to me today - I wish to retain these monies as part of the oustanding monies owed but tenant now hassling advising I will be taken to Court etc, the Credit Union have confirmed this payment has been made through his own error of not changing the DD details - am I within my rights to retain the money baring in mind it has come direct from Credit Union and not Housing Benefit - Housing Benefit not sure where they stand on it?

Kind regards


Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions