Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Member said: Posted on: 06/11/2014 16:14

I am seeking accelerated possession of a property from a tenant and am waiting to hear from the court to identify the possession date. The tenant has put in a defence to extend the possession date but we should soon at least have a date.
The tenant is also in growing rent arrears and is not paying rent during this court process.
My question is this: once we have a date for possession, am I then able to pursue the tenant through the small claims court to collect the 4 months' rent arrears?
My concern is that if I leave it until the tenant leaves to pursue the rent arrears, I won't have a forwarding address with which to direct the court documentation.
The issue that I am unsure about is whether the County Court will allow me to pursue the rent arrears, whilst the tenant is under instruction to vacate the property, from a separate court process.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions