Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to info@rla.org.uk.
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
nice guy said: Posted on: 10/12/2014 10:00

One of my best houses in great condition has a tenant driving me mad with continuous text messages. We are half way through a 2 yr tenancy and she must have sent half a dozen messages per month. Some of her complaints are silly such as spiders coming through a well sealed door. She has broken not one but 2 wc cisterns. Last week I spent 2 hours helping her reset the boiler roomstat simply by me reading the instructions she had not bothered to read. Put simply I am spending more time on this property than 13 others put together.

My first thought is to tell her I will not look at her text messages until the next day. Can I simply say my next maintenance inspection will be in 3 months and not respond until then?

I don't really want to get rid of her because the house is in a hard to rent area and she pays. Plus we are in the fixed term. I just want to find a way of communicating a reasonable expection of landlord service to a naive and inexperienced young woman.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
Envirovent
John Pye Auctions