Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Pedro said: Posted on: 12/01/2015 12:03

We have a tenant in a shared flat. All tenants are on their own individual tenancy agreements for their own rooms with communal space/amenities shared between all tenants.

One of the tenants is behaving antisocially. She has moved a boyfriend into the flat, is smoking marijuana and has been threatening to other tenants. The other tenants are handing in their notice. Her tenancy is periodic.

The landlord wishes her to leave. I assume a Section 8 notice using anti-social behaviour grounds. Can you advise and let me know what evidence we need etc. On serving the notice and assuming she does not leave can we apply straight to the court for possession?

Many thanks,


Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions