Join the Residential Landlords Association

Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. Please always remain respectful to forum members and the RLA. All posts must be should be professional and courteous.
  6. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  7. Any content deemed as advertising, spam or self-promotion will be removed from the forums.
  8. Any content deemed as offensive is strictly prohibited and must be reported for removal.
  9. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
  10. The RLA have the right to edit, delete or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
Report a post:
Nige Howarth said: Posted on: 26/03/2016 18:23

Can someone please help clarify exactly what documents I need to issue to my tenant. She was originally on a 6-month AST but due to rent arrears this fixed term ended and she therefore went onto a periodic basis. Her rent arrears are now close to 2,000 and I have decided to sell the property and have asked her politely to seek alternative accommodation. She is willing to do this but I feel that I need to issue the correct legal paperwork and notice rather than just relying on 'good faith'. I read that there is a Section 8 which can seek to remove a tenant within two weeks. I have never had cause to issue a section 8 or section 21 in the past and want to make sure that I follow the law to the letter. Any help or advice would be welcome.
Nige Howarth

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions