Member Forums - Report Post

If you wish for the RLA to contact you regarding this report please remember to provide contact details.

Please Note: - This facility is for reporting of abuse or other breaches of the forum rules. Please do not use this facility to reply to the post as your response will not appear here - to reply please use the quote option.
  1. Please do not post RLA enquiries in these forums. Any enquiries should be sent to info@rla.org.uk.
  2. Please note that the initial message in any forum conversation on this website is viewable by the public.
  3. For security reasons, please do not include your membership number within the title or body of your forum post.
  4. You must not include any personal details relating to your tenants, such as their names and addresses, in your postings.
  5. You must not use the forums to advertise your service or business. Please use the RLA's suppliers guide for all advertising purposes.
  6. Any content deemed as advertising, inappropriate or does not meet the RLA's code of conduct will be removed from the forums.
  7. The RLA cannot be held responsible for any posts made in these forums by non-RLA staff
Report a post:
Renata said: Posted on: 19/04/2016 13:49

Hi everyone, would welcome any advice on this.

Tenant and her mother (a guarantor) attended the move out inspection but wouldn't cooperate at all. House been left in a bad state, lots of damages (ie. front door panel broken inside, patio door not opening, carpets cannot be cleaned need replacing (only 2yr old), broken gate, keys missing, rubbish left in front and back, not mentioning needs refilling holes on all walls and repainting...)the list goes forever... total lack of respect and ignorance from tenant.

She wouldn't sign the form when I wanted to go through it with her, nor returned still valid gas safety certificate or manuals, She wouldn't give forwarding address saying "post it to my mums"
I wrote to guarantor before mentioning there could be a damage charges hence invited her on a last day to see for herself. Both dashed off "to work"...

The cost of repairs are 3 x more than the deposit so will probably end up in court but who do I write to if I've not got the new address for tenant, do I send any correspondence to mother/guarantor? She may say she's not received it? Do I issue any charges to tenant or guarantor?

Thanks for any help on this

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
Envirovent
John Pye Auctions