How to get rent arrears (tenant on benefits)

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears How to get rent arrears (tenant on benefits)
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
37 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi, I recently regained possession of my property by way of a bailiffs warrant. The tenant was on benefits, it is a complicated case but could you answer two specific points to be going on with please.
Initial payments were sent to the tenant bt housing benefits to the tune of about 750.00. The council have confirmed that these cheques were cashed, the tenant has always maintained (verbally) that she returned them (yeah, right!!)Point is ,I never recieved any of it!

Q.1. Do I have any case for asking the council to pay this missing money to me?

The tenancy ended on 7th April this year. The tenant was told by the council that I would need to get a bailiffs warrant before she had to get out, and they would not rehouse her until I did so (they confirmed this to me on the phone and by letter) from previous correspondence with you i believe they were wrong in telling her this (Khan-v-Newham Council)

Q.2. Once again do I have a case for asking the council to reimburse me for loss of rent for this period or any other compensation ?

24/10/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions