Arrears

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Arrears
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Member Martin Mac
8 Posts
0 Thanks
I rented my property out to a young tenant on the 14th December 2012. I didn't do any checks on her. She initially paid me 550 pounds rent and 250 deposit. She signed a 6 month assured tenancy agreement. On the 14th January she had no money, and said she couldn't pay me until 1st February.
On the 1st February I had a text message saying her Grandad had died. Her boyfriend contacted me on the 7th February and gave me 500 pounds. A week later his girlfriend gave me 300 pound. Since then, everytime I call at the house the blinds are closed and they do not answer the door.
They are a month in arrears and I am starting to worry, as I tracked down her previous rented address and the LANDLADY told me that they owed her 2 months rent, never let her in the house and then did a midnight flit. I now would like them to leave my property but I'm not sure which forms to issue them with to start proceedings. I have never met a young couple come out with excuses and long tall stories, but as I'm new to letting, I'm learning fast.

13/03/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions