Never used courts before, not sure if it is the right thing to do

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Never used courts before, not sure if it is the right thing to do
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Aileen
4 Posts
0 Thanks
I have been renting a shared house out for 12 years, but have for the first time a tenant who persistently pays his rent late and only after nagging. I served a Section 8 notice on 08/04/2012 when he was 8 weeks in arrears. He moved in at the end of January and paid late for the first couple of weeks, then nothing until April. When I served him notice he paid for 8 weeks but did not comply with the request to leave. Since the notice was served he has paid for a further three weeks, but again this was two weeks late. He is now 2 weeks in arrears again and ignored all my messages and requests.
Is this enough history and evidence to apply to the courts for a possession order? I understand I cannot do the accelerated version as he has been there less than 6 months. I don't want to pay the court fee which I believe is 170 to be told I do not have a case. And I would rather not use a solicitor again because of the expense. Please advise
14/05/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband