Advice on taking Legal Action against Tenant

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Advice on taking Legal Action against Tenant
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
Cambridge_Blue
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Three questions concrning this matter:
1. The Tenant has now left the property some time ago and owes nearly 2000 in unpaid rent and refuses to pay any or all of the sum owing. I intend to take legal action against him but he also had a Guarantor as he was a student who has also refused to pay up. So if I take then to Court can I name both of them as parties to the action or should I start with the Tenant only?
2. Given the sum involved but the potential complication of an action against two people (Tenant & Guarantor) would I be better to go through the online legal process or go to the County Court direct and lodge the claim for action?
3. In order to serve papers on them I need to have an address - I knoe where they are but they won't tell me formally. Would I be better to use a tenant tracing service and will the Court accept that as sufficient proof of address for serving Court papers?
Regards,
Graham
21/01/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband