Signed up through Foxtons halfway through Tenancy Agreement

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Signed up through Foxtons halfway through Tenancy Agreement
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
W
Weavie
16 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,
Halfway through an AST one of my tenants - a student who rents in a houseshare has stupidly put a deposit on another property through Foxtons. She is checking out of my property today. I have told her that she is still responsible for the rent. She says that Foxtons won't give her deposit back so she has to move. I bought the house with the student tenants in and they have all signed AST's plus I have the AST that was with the previous Vendor. I have let the house from September 09 as I was honouring the current AST's. I did not get a witness signature but all four tenants were present and all signed. I will try and get another tenant but such a short let it is unlikely. Have I a clear case of pursuing her for the rent owed - she is currently one month behind. Also is he responsible for any bills that come in? Thanks for help, this is a first for me.
28/05/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions