council tax and rent

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears council tax and rent
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
W
willowgreen
2 Posts
0 Thanks
One of my tenants turn out to be a non-full time student. Thus I have to collect the council tax from her as it's HMO (Tenancy agreement she signed states that she has to pay for council tax). However, she was not responding to any of our letters, emails or phones. I finally got hold of her guarantor and told him about the situation. (her guarantor is a friend of hers but the guarantor form was witnessed by a solicitor). Anyway, then She got in touch with us by email and said she could have reduced amount of tax because she has low income. I replied that because it's a HMO the council will charge me for it. So her income status is irrelevant. From that point, I heard nothing. I tried to contact her guarator but he is not responding either. Also rent for this month is late again. (she has been there for 3 months but we have to chase her for rent every single month). So anyway at the moment, both the council tax and rent are overdue. I asked the other housemates whether she is still living there. They said her stuff is there and come back occassionally. WHAT could I do?
28/09/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband