County court application for arrears when tenant claiming disrepair

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears County court application for arrears when tenant claiming disrepair
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
pdb
6 Posts
0 Thanks
My tenant owes a substantial amount of rent. He is claiming disrepair but I strongly contest this and have documents and receipts to prove it. I am wondering when applying to county court for payment of the arrears if I need to go into detail regards this, or even mention it on the particulars of claim. Or should I simply detail the arrears without mentioning the tenants allegations and fight my corner in court.
I am sure the tenant will argue his case in his written defence and am concerned that when the case reaches court the judge will have heard and absorbed his argument and not mine, meaning I am already on the back foot.
Also do i need to present my receipts etc at this stage or simply take them to court.

p.s I have already served a section 21 on the tenant, so that sid of hings is taken care of.
Many thanks.

31/03/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband